Skilled Meat Cutter
- Britco Pork - Langley
- July 07, 2021
Full Time Permanent Position
Donald’s Fine Foods, a family owned global provider of high quality specialty meat products, has an exciting opportunity for experienced Meat Cutters/Butchers, based out of our Langley location.
Operating for over 20 years with three plants in British Columbia and one in Saskatchewan, Donald’s Fine Foods has built its business around our core values of Integrity, People, Customer Focus, Quality and Safety. We know our dedicated staff is what makes it all possible.
Britco Pork Inc., the Langley, BC facility, located at 22940 Fraser Highway, operates as both a slaughter house and meat processing plant. The Meat Cutter positions is a permanent/fulltime position that involves working Monday-Friday 6:00 am-2:30 pm. The Langley facility is currently looking for ten (10) permanent/full-time Meat Cutters/Butchers.
A Meat Cutter is responsible for ensuring all meat cuts meet the specifications and yield requirements in accordance with production and customer needs. The incumbent must be able to demonstrate excellent knife skills and maintain line speed with strict adherence to all applicable policies, practices and legislation including GMP, Food Safe and WorkSafe BC.
- Cut carcasses or sides or quarters of carcasses into primal cuts for further processing
- Perform all of the following cuts at production line speed
- Lift neck bones
- Trim loins and buts
- Jowl removal
- Bone out picnics and buckeyes
- Pull side ribs
- Remove hind leg
- Jowl trim
- Back fat trim
- Whizard knife * Communicate effectively with Plant Superintendent, Production Supervisor and Lead Hands to ensure cuts are being performed as assigned and required
- Follow all WorkSafe BC, CFIA, HACCP and other applicable regulations
- Ability to accurately work at production line speed
- At least 3-year experience in a Meat (Slaughter/Fabrication) Manufacturing facility.
- Have not been away from Meat (Slaughter/ Fabrication) manufacturing more than 3 years.
- Minimum 3-year experience deboning Carcass or primal.
- Must have basic working English skills
- Consistent commitment to working safely
- Demonstrated ability to react to situations with a strong sense of urgency using a creative and logical approach to resolution
- Ability to work in a cold environment and tolerate standing for long periods of time
- Ability to work in a team based environment
Compensation & Benefits:
- Starting at $18.13 to 20.49 and increases $1 more after successful completion of probationary period of 60 days worked, wages are subject to meat cutting experience
- MSP (provincial health insurance) coverage & Extended Health, Dental & Vision Benefits after 60 days worked
- Bi-weekly $40.00 Perfect Attendance Bonus after 60 days worked
- Year End Bonus
- RRSP contribution plan after 1 year of continuous employment
- Company Events
Address: 22940 Fraser Highway, Langley, BC, V6V 2T9
Careers by Location
Benefits of working with us
We are a fast paced growing Company – with that comes opportunities for growth for our team members.
At Donald’s Fine foods we offer:
- Competitive Wages
- Extended Health and Dental plans
- Bonus program
- Long Term savings plan
- Employee meat purchase program*
Our team includes employees that are covered by Collective Agreements. Accordingly, these agreements govern the rewards provided to this subset of our employees and may differ from the rewards outlined above.
Our office in Langley, BC boasts an on-site gym as well as a cafeteria.
*this program is not available at Five Corners Meats Co. at the moment