- Donald's Fine Foods - Richmond
- March 14, 2019
Employment Type: Full Time
Reporting to the Controller, you will be responsible for the day to day accounting functions for the operations at Donald’s Fine Foods in Richmond and assisting in the preparation of financial statements and results for the Company. This position is responsible for ensuring the preparation and delivery of accurate financial and costing reports, and working to improve understanding of key business drivers and to maximize results. Identification and implementation of best practices comprise a key component of this role.
I. FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
• Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger systems and structures.
• Assist the Assistant Controller in completing the monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial results and reports in an accurate and timely manner.
• Deliver informative, timely, and reliable financial and operational information to the Corporate Executive team and Plant Managers.
• Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts.
• Perform ongoing review, investigation and correction to ensure consistency, accuracy, and compliance to policies and standards.
• Perform general ledger reconciliations and daily bank reconciliations.
• Work closely with the Assistant Controller and Plant Managers to prepare budgets and forecasts.
• Verify GST amounts and prepare monthly and quarterly GST filings.
• Assist in the preparation of audit working papers and inquiries.
• Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
II. COSTING / INVENTORY MANAGEMENT
• Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the manufacturing costing and inventory management systems and methodology.
• Improve existing standard cost system and update the costing system / bill of materials for completeness and accuracy.
• Improve existing inventory management system to ensure better completeness and accuracy.
• Ensure compliance for inventory counting procedures and inventory valuations.
• Review and analyze cost variances and communicate to departments to ensure improved cost controls.
III. PROCESS & PROCEDURE
• Establish effective and efficient processes for ensuring sound financial decision making throughout the organization across multiple departments.
• Responsible for development and continual improvement of internal controls in the organization.
• Assist in developing, recommending and implementing corporate financial policies.
• Monitor and analyze department work to develop strong procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
IV. OFFICE ADMINISTRATION
• Provide leadership, technical support, and guidance to the Junior Accountant and Accounts Receivable Clerk.
• Act as vacation coverage when the departmental staff is away.
• Provide accounting support for the Company’s other plants.
• Passion to learn, inspire and lead.
• Excellent interpersonal, leadership and mentorship skills.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain detailed records
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of ERP and financial systems.
• Active designation for CPA, CMA, CGA, or equivalent or working towards completion.
• Bachelor of Commerce or equivalent an asset.
• Minimum 5 years experience of managing an accounting team.
• Experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Advanced MS Access and Excel skills including use of Vlookups and Pivot tables.
• Excellent communication skills – written / verbal.
• Will be expected to travel as needed to company subsidiaries, as well as to business partners to conduct due diligence.
Careers by Location
Benefits of working with us
We are a fast paced growing Company – with that comes opportunities for growth for our team members.
At Donald’s Fine foods we offer:
- Competitive Wages
- Extended Health and Dental plans
- Bonus program
- Long Term savings plan
- Employee meat purchase program*
Our team includes employees that are covered by Collective Agreements. Accordingly, these agreements govern the rewards provided to this subset of our employees and may differ from the rewards outlined above.
Our office in Langley, BC boasts an on-site gym as well as a cafeteria.
*this program is not available at Five Corners Meats Co. at the moment