- Thunder Creek Pork - Moose Jaw
- March 04, 2019
Donald’s Fine Foods has grown over the last 25 years from a local meat distributor to a processor and distributor of high quality meat products with an extensive local and international customer base. Donald’s Fine Foods is best known under its various brands such as Savoury Choice, Paradise Valley, Primrose and Britco Pork. With over 700 employees currently working across three plants (BC & Saskatchewan), Donald’s Fine Foods is poised for growth and is looking for an exceptional person to be part of our team at Thunder Creek Pork.
Do you have an eye for ‘Safety’?
At Thunder Creek Pork we take safety seriously, and we require all of our employees to use the standard industry practices to keep everyone safe on the job. To that end, we’re seeking an experienced Advisor who can ensure compliance with the safety protocols, organize safety training for employees and report problems to management.
Administration and Policies
- Review and develop safety policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the relevant health and safety Act, Regulations and Policies
- Perform claims administration and coordinate light duty and return to work programs
- Analyze and communicate accident and injury data and develop and implement strategies in order to address challenges
- Assist in the maintenance of employee safety and health communications and training programs including tool box talks
- Coordinate and provide safety training to managers and staff as needed
- Perform Safety orientation for new hires, visitors and contractors as required
- Review site safety inspections including hazard analysis, safe work procedures and write reports and recommendations to senior management.
- Assist in the development and implementation of safety action plans.
- Perform safety audits for Company facilities
- Ensure the execution of safety drills at the appropriate intervals.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Post secondary education in Occupational Health & Safety or related field; CRSP designation would be considered an asset
- WHIMIS Certification
- Occupational First Aid
- 3-5 years’ experience in Health & Safety, preferably in the manufacturing environment
- Current knowledge of government legislation including but not limited to Workers Compensation, Privacy and Human Rights
Please forward your resume and quote ‘Safety Advisor’ in the subject line. Donald’s Fine Foods offers industry competitive wages, including medical, extended health & dental, and RSP contribution plans.
We thank all applicants; however, only those shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Careers by Location
Benefits of working with us
We are a fast paced growing Company – with that comes opportunities for growth for our team members.
At Donald’s Fine foods we offer:
- Competitive Wages
- Extended Health and Dental plans
- Bonus program
- Long Term savings plan
- Employee meat purchase program*
Our team includes employees that are covered by Collective Agreements. Accordingly, these agreements govern the rewards provided to this subset of our employees and may differ from the rewards outlined above.
Our office in Langley, BC boasts an on-site gym as well as a cafeteria.
*this program is not available at Five Corners Meats Co. at the moment