- Thunder Creek Pork - Moose Jaw
- October 13, 2020
Position title: Office
Employment Type: Full Time
Do you enjoy taking responsibilities, are you a Safety person who wants to work with amazing people? If yes, keep reading and apply because at Thunder Creek Pork we take pride in ensuing that our employees’ end of the day goal are simply safety and security.
Brief Job Description
The Safety Advisor is responsible for ensuring compliance with safety protocols in the areas of policy, program, compliance, procedure and implementation. This includes safety action plans, regulatory training and compliance, emergency preparation and response, safety inspections, incident investigations, root cause analysis and follow-up and special projects. The Safety Advisor will be required to align the health and safety function within the long and short-term strategic goals of DFF.
- Assist in the identification and control of health and safety hazards in the workplace.
- Receive, consider, and resolve health and safety matters in the workplace.
- Cooperate with the occupational health and safety service.
- Meet with the Donalds Fine Foods management regularly to discuss health and safety matters and call for special meeting to address urgent matters.
- Create and promote occupational health and safety programs to educate employees.
- Share information about workplace health and safety with employees.
- Perform duties in consultation with the Donalds Fine Foods.
- Inspect the workplace every on a timely manner and report any unsafe conditions or violations of the act and regulations to Donald’s Fine Foods Ltd.
- Investigate refusals of dangerous work and any accident resulting in a death, near death, or an employee being admitted to a hospital as an in-patient for more than 24 hours as soon as reasonably possible and prepare a written report following the investigation
Government regulations and compliance
- Ensure that the facilities are in compliance with all relevant Acts, Regulations, Policies and Standards
- Ensure WHMIS / MSDS documentation is up to date in each facility
- Oversee and manage the certifications required for the operation of equipment
- Guide team to achieve COR certification
- Assist in the maintenance of employee safety and health communications and training programs including tool box talks
- Coordinate and provide safety training to managers and staff as needed
- Perform Safety orientation for new hires, visitors and contractors as required
Inspections and Tours
- Review site safety inspections including hazard analysis, safe work procedures and write reports and recommendations to senior management.
- Assist in the development and implementation of safety action plans.
- Facilitate, participate, and oversee safety and health inspections and ensure the management of compliance with regulatory safety requirements.
- Perform safety audits for Company facilities
- Ensure the execution of safety drills at the appropriate intervals.
- Other duties as required
Key Performance Indicators
- Reductions in LTI, MA, FA rate (%)
- Reductions in costs ($)
- Reductions in Turnover (%)
- Reductions in Severity of injuries (%)
- Attendance in management/leadership training
- Completion of good neighbor projects
- Post-secondary education in Occupational Health and Safety or related field
- 3-5 years’ experience in Health and Safety, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Completion of or working towards the CRSP designation
- Current knowledge of government legislation including but not limited to Workers Compensation, Privacy and Human Rights
- WHMIS certification
- Occupational First Aid certificate will be required during employment
- Proficient in MS Office
- Great communicator – Verbal and written
- Occasional travel may be required
- Project Assignment
Careers by Location
Benefits of working with us
We are a fast paced growing Company – with that comes opportunities for growth for our team members.
At Donald’s Fine foods we offer:
- Competitive Wages
- Extended Health and Dental plans
- Bonus program
- Long Term savings plan
- Employee meat purchase program*
Our team includes employees that are covered by Collective Agreements. Accordingly, these agreements govern the rewards provided to this subset of our employees and may differ from the rewards outlined above.
Our office in Langley, BC boasts an on-site gym as well as a cafeteria.
*this program is not available at Five Corners Meats Co. at the moment