After months of lockdown and a phased in reopening of the economy to mitigate the impacts of COVID-19, we are now transitioning to a new normal and reality for the foreseeable future. Read more about our COVID-19 protocols.
- Britco Pork - Langley
- July 07, 2021
Position title: Administration
Employment Type: Part Time
Full Time, Permanent:
Britco Pork Inc. is part of a family-owned global provider of high quality specialty meat products, has an exciting opportunity for a Journeyman/Journeywoman Electrician, based out of our_ Langley, BC location._
Our parent company, Donald’s Fine Foods, has been operating for over 25 years with three plants in British Columbia and one in Saskatchewan, and has built its business around the core values of integrity, quality, innovation and superior customer service. We know our dedicated staff is what makes it all possible.
The Journeyman/Journeywoman Electrician position is a full-time (approximately 40 hours/week) position at our Langley facility (located at 22940 Fraser Hwy), and involves working Monday to Friday from 10:00 am to 6:30 pm.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Diagnose, repair, or replace faulty packaging and meat processing equipment including motors and drives
- Read and interpret drawing, circuit diagrams and electrical code specifications to plan wiring layouts
- Determine and follow procedures for testing existing and newly installed machines and equipment to maximized output
- Troubleshoot, identifies and repairs fault issues with electrical and electrical systems
- Assist with the setup and movement of equipment as required
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and facility
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Communicate effectively with Maintenance Personager, Plant Manager, suppliers, and contractors to determine effective electrical maintenance practices
- Follow all current GMP’s and quality specifications of manufacturing in a food facility
- Document and maintain records for the purpose of providing an up-to-date reference guide
- Ensure documentation meets or exceeds mandated requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience as an industrial electrician preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Red Seal Provincial Electrical certification (Red Seal Industrial Electrician) or Interprovincial certification.
- Excellent communication skills including English proficiency (verbal and written)
- Consistent commitment to working safely
- Experience and knowledge of electrical systems, blueprints and apply NEC requirements
- Solid understanding of electrical theory and principles
- PLC and Control System experience an asset
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical equipment, motors, and other electronic systems and equipment
- Ability to use appropriate hand, power and specialty tools and diagnostic equipment to complete job tasks
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment with the ability to prioritize
- Ability to build rapport quickly with key members of the maintenance team
- Demonstrated ability to react to situations with a strong sense of urgency using a creative and logical approach to resolution
- Ability to work overtime during the week and weekend when needed
Wage and Benefits:
- Starting hourly wage of $32.62 and increases to $33.62 after completion of probationary period. Annual increases per the collective agreement.
- MSP Coverage and Extended Health Care after completion of probationary period.
- Bi-weekly $40.00 Perfect Attendance Bonus – eligible one month after completion of probationary period.
- Employee matching RRSP after one (1) continuous year of service
- On site cafeteria
- On site fitness facility
- Opportunities for career advancement/growth and training
- Extended health care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Life insurance
- Bonus scheme
- On-site parking
- Onsite Gym
- Discounted/free food
- Casual dress
- Vision care
- RRSP Match
- Dental care
Careers by Location
Benefits of working with us
We are a fast paced growing Company – with that comes opportunities for growth for our team members.
At Donald’s Fine foods we offer:
- Competitive Wages
- Extended Health and Dental plans
- Bonus program
- Long Term savings plan
- Employee meat purchase program*
Our team includes employees that are covered by Collective Agreements. Accordingly, these agreements govern the rewards provided to this subset of our employees and may differ from the rewards outlined above.
Our office in Langley, BC boasts an on-site gym as well as a cafeteria.
*this program is not available at Five Corners Meats Co. at the moment