Quality Assurance Technician
- Five Corners Meats Co. - Chilliwack
- March 19, 2020
Position title: Administration
Five Corners Meat Co. is part of a family-owned global provider of high quality specialty meat products. Our parent company, Donald’s Fine Foods, has been operating for over 25 years with three plants in British Columbia and one in Saskatchewan, and has built its business around the core values of Integrity, People, Quality, Customer Service, and Safety. We know our dedicated staff is what makes it all possible.
We currently have a full time permanent position in our QA Department for a self-motivated, results-driven individual who would be a positive addition to our dedicated staff. The Quality Assurance Technician will become familiar with ensuring the manufacturing processes of the Company meet the food safety and quality standards as outlined by the company, regulatory bodies and customer requirements, with particular emphasis on food safety, customer satisfaction, productivity and environmental awareness.
We require a detail oriented individual with a professional attitude. This individual is someone who thrives in a challenging, productive environment built on respectful collaboration and will strive to complete tasks promptly and adhere to deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verify process procedures to ensure compliance to established requirements
- Monitor and enforce GMPs, and communicate corrective actions as required
- Conduct in-process and finished product tests, and audit applicable process SOPs
- Conduct scale and label verification
- Verify the functionality of lab instrumentation and perform equipment calibration checks
- Ensure non-compliant product is segregated and appropriate follow-up actions are taken
- Perform general laboratory duties
Audits & Verification:
- Monitor processes and identify corrective actions as well as preventative measures.
- Investigate customer complaints and collaborate with other departments to resolve complaints.
- Troubleshoot quality and production issues and make recommendations to management.
- Audit product quality and product specifications.
- Maintain HACCP and Food Safety Programs through monitoring and verification
- Verify sanitation procedures through pre-operational inspection and microbial swab analysis
- Develop, implement and maintain HACCP/BRC and related programs
- Prepare quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing, verifying and summarizing results and trends.
- Document and maintain accurate calibration and other quality assurance records.
- Update GMPs as required.
- Track and maintain in-house and third party laboratory test results.
- Assist in the development of employee GMP training material
- Coach employees in all aspects of GMP
- Degree and/or diploma in a Science related discipline (Chemistry, Biochemistry, Food Science, Microbiology or Biological Sciences)
- Understanding of Quality Assurance principle and Food Safety Programs
- Demonstrated ability to react to situations with a strong sense of urgency
- Detail oriented and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience in implementation of HACCP and GMP
- Proven ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Experience working in a meat processing facility or manufacturing environment an asset
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in using various type of computer software (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
- Ability to perform under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Previous experience with FSEP, ISO17025 and GFSI (BRC/FSSC2200/SQF) programs is an asset
- Experience with Microbiological testing such as GDS testing and 3M plating is an asset
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Careers by Location
Benefits of working with us
We are a fast paced growing Company – with that comes opportunities for growth for our team members.
At Donald’s Fine foods we offer:
- Competitive Wages
- Extended Health and Dental plans
- Bonus program
- Long Term savings plan
- Employee meat purchase program*
Our team includes employees that are covered by Collective Agreements. Accordingly, these agreements govern the rewards provided to this subset of our employees and may differ from the rewards outlined above.
Our office in Langley, BC boasts an on-site gym as well as a cafeteria.
*this program is not available at Five Corners Meats Co. at the moment