- Donald's Fine Foods - Richmond
- February 01, 2019
Donald’s Fine Foods is a family owned business and has operated for over 20 years. We are a specialty meat manufacturer spanning three plants in British Columbia and Saskatchewan.
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager, you will be responsible for performing daily quality assurance and quality control duties from pre-operational checks to finished products to assure food safety and product quality, compliance to company programs and regulatory requirements.
Responsibilities and Duties
I. Process Checks
- Verify process procedures to ensure compliance to established requirements.
- Monitor and enforce GMPs, and communicate corrective actions as required.
- Conduct in-process and finished product tests, and audit applicable process SOPs.
- Conduct scale and label verification.
- Verify the functionality of lab instrumentation and perform equipment calibration checks.
- Ensure non-compliant product is segregated and appropriate follow-up actions are taken.
- Perform general laboratory duties
II. Audits and Verifications
- Monitor processes and identify corrective actions as well as preventative measures.
- Investigate customer complaints and collaborate with other departments to resolve complaints.
- Troubleshoot quality and production issues and make recommendations to management.
- Audit product quality and product specifications.
- Maintain HACCP and Food Safety Programs through monitoring and verification
- Verify sanitation procedures through pre-operational inspection and microbial swab analysis
- Develop, implement and maintain HACCP/BRC and related programs
- Prepare quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing, verifying and summarizing results and trends.
- Document and maintain accurate calibration and other quality assurance records.
- Update GMPs as required.
- Track and maintain in-house and third party laboratory test results.
- Assist in the development of employee GMP training material
- Coach employees in all aspects of GMP
Additional duties as required
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree and/or diploma in a Science related discipline (Chemistry, Biochemistry, Food Science, Microbiology or Biological Sciences)
- Understanding of Quality Assurance principle and Food Safety Programs
- Demonstrated ability to react to situations with a strong sense of urgency
- Detail oriented and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience in implementation of HACCP and GMP
- Proven ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Experience working in a meat processing facility or manufacturing environment an asset
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in using various type of computer software (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
- Ability to perform under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Previous experience with FSEP, ISO17025 and GFSI (BRC/FSSC2200/SQF) programs is an asset
Experience with Microbiological testing such as GDS testing and 3M plating is an asset
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Careers by Location
Benefits of working with us
We are a fast paced growing Company – with that comes opportunities for growth for our team members.
At Donald’s Fine foods we offer:
- Competitive Wages
- Extended Health and Dental plans
- Bonus program
- Long Term savings plan
- Employee meat purchase program*
Our team includes employees that are covered by Collective Agreements. Accordingly, these agreements govern the rewards provided to this subset of our employees and may differ from the rewards outlined above.
Our office in Langley, BC boasts an on-site gym as well as a cafeteria.
*this program is not available at Five Corners Meats Co. at the moment