- Donald's Fine Foods - Richmond
- September 09, 2019
Position title: Office
Donald’s Fine Foods is a family-owned business and has operated for over 20 years. We are a specialty meat manufacturer spanning three plants in British Columbia and Saskatchewan.
Reporting to the Controller, the Junior Accountant will be responsible for the daily production yield rate calculation, daily production labor cost allocation, daily finished goods actual cost computation, daily gross margin verification, collection, inventory receiving and intercompany transfer reconciliation. This position is responsible for ensuring the recording of accurate and timely transactions and assisting in month-end processes and activities.
I. Cost Accounting and Reporting
- Compute daily production yield rates, by product, to ensure that the raw materials and the finished goods are transferred correctly between inventory and WIP.
- Allocate labour cost to products.
- Complete daily finished goods costings.
- Analyze daily gross margin reports and make reasonable adjustments to COGS.
- Complete weekly and monthly yield rate reports.
- Build standard costs for each product.
II. Accounts Receivable
- Set up new customers in the accounting system.
- Export customer aging reports on a weekly basis.
- Contact customers for payment status information.
- Issue payment reminder letters and collection letters to customers with overdue accounts
- Issue customer statements and other related Accounts Receivable duties.
III. Inventory Receiving and Intercompany Transfer
- Process vendor and intercompany inventory receiving documents in the accounting system.
- Reconcile intercompany inventory movement on a daily basis.
- Match intercompany transactions at month-end.
IV. Month End Process
- Assist in month-end sales cut-off verification.
- Complete WIP transactions.
- Perform intercompany inventory transfer reconciliations.
V. General Support Function
- Find and use accounting data to resolve accounting problems and discrepancies.
- Generate ad hoc reports and analysis as requested.
- Perform filing and general administrative tasks.
- Liaise with other departments/customers/vendors.
- Other duties as required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, Team player.
- Minimum 2 years of accounting experience required
- Completion of a diploma in accounting and in the pursuit of CPA
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain detailed records.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Ability to communicate in Mandarin or Cantonese considered an asset.
Careers by Location
Benefits of working with us
We are a fast paced growing Company – with that comes opportunities for growth for our team members.
At Donald’s Fine foods we offer:
- Competitive Wages
- Extended Health and Dental plans
- Bonus program
- Long Term savings plan
- Employee meat purchase program*
Our team includes employees that are covered by Collective Agreements. Accordingly, these agreements govern the rewards provided to this subset of our employees and may differ from the rewards outlined above.
Our office in Langley, BC boasts an on-site gym as well as a cafeteria.
*this program is not available at Five Corners Meats Co. at the moment