- Five Corners Meats Co. - Chilliwack
- March 11, 2020
Position title: Production
Based in the Fraser Valley, Five Corners Meat Company began operation on October 1, 2017 and is the newest member of the Donald’s Fine Foods group of Companies. Five Corners Meat Co. processes high quality meat products on behalf of its primary customer the Overwaitea Food Group. Although Five Corners Meat Co has a relatively short history, Donald’s Fine Foods has grown over the last 25 years from a local meat distributor to a processor and distributor of high quality meat products with an extensive local and international customer base. Donald’s Fine Foods is best known under its various brands such as Savoury Choice, Paradise Valley, Primrose and Britco Pork. With over 800 employees currently working across four plants (BC & Saskatchewan) the Company is poised for further growth.
Brief Job Description:
The Certified Millwright will be responsible for the installation, layout, preventative and ongoing maintenance of machinery and equipment. Working as part of the Maintenance Team, the Millwrights ensure all machinery is running safely and the plant is operating in compliance with applicable regulations. All maintenance work will be carried out efficiently, while having the highest priority on safety.
- Diagnose, repair, or replace faulty packaging and meat processing equipment including motors and drives
- Read, follow and interpret blueprints, schematic drawings, technical instructions and manuals to determine and perform work procedures, required maintenance and service
- Determine and follow procedures for testing existing and newly installed machines and equipment to maximized output
- Troubleshoots, identifies and repairs equipment to limit downtime
- Assist with the setup and movement of equipment as required
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and facility
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, meters and material handling equipment in performing duties
- Communicate effectively with Maintenance Manager, Plant Manager, suppliers, and contractors to determine effective repair practices and schedules
- Follow all current GMP’s and quality specifications of manufacturing in a food facility
- Document and maintain records for the purpose of providing an up-to-date reference guide
- Ensure documentation meets or exceeds mandated requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Red Seal Provincial certification or Inter-provincial certification
- Excellent communication skills including English proficiency (verbal and written)
- Consistent commitment to working safely
- Physically fit and able to work in cramped spaces or at heights
- Solid Experience and knowledge of machinery and equipment
- PLC and Control System experience an asset
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical equipment and motors
- Ability to use appropriate hand, power and specialty tools and diagnostic equipment to complete job tasks
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment with the ability to prioritize
- Ability to build rapport quickly with key members of the maintenance team
- Demonstrated ability to react to situations with a strong sense of urgency using a creative
- and logical approach to resolution
- 4th Class Steam ticket considered an asset
- Welding experience considered an asset
Wage and Benefits:
- Hourly wage $31.45 after completion of probationary period
- Benefits Plan available after completion of probationary period.
- Pension contribution plan after 1 year of continuous employment.
Careers by Location
Benefits of working with us
We are a fast paced growing Company – with that comes opportunities for growth for our team members.
At Donald’s Fine foods we offer:
- Competitive Wages
- Extended Health and Dental plans
- Bonus program
- Long Term savings plan
- Employee meat purchase program*
Our team includes employees that are covered by Collective Agreements. Accordingly, these agreements govern the rewards provided to this subset of our employees and may differ from the rewards outlined above.
Our office in Langley, BC boasts an on-site gym as well as a cafeteria.
*this program is not available at Five Corners Meats Co. at the moment