- Donald's Fine Foods - Richmond
- February 01, 2019
Donald’s Fine Foods is a family owned business and has operated for over 20 years. We are a specialty meat manufacturer spanning three plants in British Columbia and Saskatchewan.
Brief Job Description
The Millwright is responsible for the repair and maintenance of the facility. Working with the Maintenance Team, the Millwright helps ensure all machinery is running safely and the plant is operating in compliance with regulations. All maintenance work will be carried out with efficiency, while having the highest priority on safety.
We currently have openings in our Richmond facility.
- Ensure repairs are completed effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure preventative maintenance program is followed and all work is tracked
- Diagnoses mechanical problems.
- Troubleshoots problems with equipment and tools.
- Keep records regarding equipment repairs and rentals.
- Liaises with consultants, contractors, inspectors, suppliers, and other departments on maintenance and project work.
- Assists in general maintenance within and outside their trade qualifications.
- Compliance with GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Assists crew members in performing their duties.
- Performs other related duties as required.
· Certified Millwright or 4th year apprentice
· 5th class engineer with Refrigeration certificate an asset
· Electrical experience an asset
· Communicates effectively orally and in writing.
· Able to work alone or as a team
· Welding considered an asset
· Reads and understands drawings, maps and plans.
· Able to work overtime if required
· Experience in food industry an asset
We offer competitive wages including a comprehensive medical, health & dental benefits package, bonus and RRSP contributions.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Careers by Location
Benefits of working with us
We are a fast paced growing Company – with that comes opportunities for growth for our team members.
At Donald’s Fine foods we offer:
- Competitive Wages
- Extended Health and Dental plans
- Bonus program
- Long Term savings plan
- Employee meat purchase program*
Our team includes employees that are covered by Collective Agreements. Accordingly, these agreements govern the rewards provided to this subset of our employees and may differ from the rewards outlined above.
Our office in Langley, BC boasts an on-site gym as well as a cafeteria.
*this program is not available at Five Corners Meats Co. at the moment