- Donald's Fine Foods - Richmond
- April 05, 2019
Employment Type: Full Time
The Warehouse Manager oversees the full function of the warehouse, working in collaboration with the Warehouse Supervisor, Production Manager, Export Supervisor, Sales, DSD (Direct Store Delivery), Maintenance and Fleet Maintenance to sustain the day to day efficiency of the warehouse operation.
• Ensure all warehouse employees and drivers are using personal protective equipment & following safety procedures.
• Accomplishes warehouse human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching and constructive discipline; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
• Meets warehouse operational standards by contributing warehouse information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying warehouse system improvements.
• Monitor trucks and delivery equipment for inefficiencies and damage control; Validate truck damage reports from Warehouse Supervisors/Manager and communicate with outside contractors for repairs.
• Meets warehouse financial standards by providing annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
• Meets logistics standards by contributing truck utilization and on time delivery information. This would include run sheets, load plan and mileage log sheets.
• Analyze root cause of problem and implement sustainable solutions; identify inefficiencies in truck routing.
• Moves inventory by scheduling materials to and from warehouse; coordinating with Export Supervisor on inventory transfers with outside storage.
• Delivers supplies and equipment to departments by receiving and transferring items.
• Coordinate deliveries; scheduling appointments of inbound shipments; communicating to procurement, production, sales and customer service teams of delays or changes;
• Manage all Export operations at MI; communication with Export Sales Team; Support Export Supervisor.
• Maintains storage area by organizing floor space; adhering to storage design principles; incorporate lean principles.
• Maintains inventory by conducting monthly physical counts; collaborate with finance team on variances.
• Monitor lift equipment and warehouse racking for deficiency; communicating with Maintenance Supervisor for repairs.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
• Familiar with WorkSafe BC regulations.
• Assists in all safety related issues (investigations, return to work plan management)
• 5 years’ experience in warehouse/supply chain operation
• Great interpersonal skills and a great leader
• Self-directing, motivated, and passionate
• Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
• Knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, efficiency and inventory stewardship.
• Ability to set goals and create accountability. Lead by example.
• Strong team building, decision-making, and people management skills
• Organized and ability to adhere to deadlines
• Analytical based Problem-Solving Skills
• Critical-Thinking Skills
• Excellent communication skills – written / spoken
• Bachelor of Commerce an asset
• Working knowledge of WorkSafe BC regulations
Careers by Location
Benefits of working with us
We are a fast paced growing Company – with that comes opportunities for growth for our team members.
At Donald’s Fine foods we offer:
- Competitive Wages
- Extended Health and Dental plans
- Bonus program
- Long Term savings plan
- Employee meat purchase program*
Our team includes employees that are covered by Collective Agreements. Accordingly, these agreements govern the rewards provided to this subset of our employees and may differ from the rewards outlined above.
Our office in Langley, BC boasts an on-site gym as well as a cafeteria.
*this program is not available at Five Corners Meats Co. at the moment