Shunt Truck Driver
- Thunder Creek Pork - Moose Jaw
- June 26, 2019
Position title: Production
Donald’s Fine Foods is a family owned business that has operated for over 20 years. We are a specialty meat manufacturer spanning four plants in British Columbia and Saskatchewan.
Operating for over 20 years with four plants in British Columbia and one in Saskatchewan, Donalds Fine Foods has built its business around our core values of integrity, quality, innovation and superior customer service. We know our dedicated staff is what makes it all possible.
- Customer Focus: Exceptional customer service is the measure of our success
- Integrity: Fairness, honesty, responsibility and trust mark every relationship inside and outside of the company
- People: We treat our employees, customers, suppliers and the community with respect
- Quality: Uncompromising standards in everything we do
- Safety: We care about our people and emphasize a culture of safety throughout our Company
Thunder Creek Pork Inc, the Moose Jaw, SK facility, located at 720 Lillooet Street West, operates as both a slaughter house and meat processing plant. The Moose Jaw facility is currently looking for a Shunt Truck Driver.
Brief Job Description
The Shunt Truck Driver is responsible for performing safe and efficient moves of containers or chassis between different locations at the plant in order to contribute to optimal operations.
- Drive a shunt truck to move chassis or chassis with containers, transferring freight between locations in order to contribute to the smooth operation;
- Back trailers into designated areas as requested;
- Perform circle checks to make sure trailers, shunt truck and other pieces of equipment are fit for use;
- Ensuring proper handling and disposal of waste;
- When required, providing assistance in loading product; including, but not limited to operating a scan gun, wrapping pallets, and loading containers.
- Perform other tasks contributing to the smooth operation of the facility
- Valid Class 1 Driver’s License and clean driving record (required);
- Certification to operate a forklift would be considered an asset; however, not required as certification is offered by the plant;
- Availability for night/evening shifts and weekends
- Available to work Monday through Friday from 6:00AM to 2:30PM
We thank those who apply. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Address: 720 Lillooet Street West
Phone Number: 306-693-7675
Careers by Location
Benefits of working with us
We are a fast paced growing Company – with that comes opportunities for growth for our team members.
At Donald’s Fine foods we offer:
- Competitive Wages
- Extended Health and Dental plans
- Bonus program
- Long Term savings plan
- Employee meat purchase program*
Our team includes employees that are covered by Collective Agreements. Accordingly, these agreements govern the rewards provided to this subset of our employees and may differ from the rewards outlined above.
Our office in Langley, BC boasts an on-site gym as well as a cafeteria.
*this program is not available at Five Corners Meats Co. at the moment