- Thunder Creek Pork - Moose Jaw
- October 17, 2018
Position title: Production
Employment Type: Full Time
The Shipping Supervisor oversees the logistics for all outbound shipping at TCP. Working in collaboration with the Production, Exports, Sanitation and Maintenance to sustain the day-to-day efficiency of the deliveries and dry goods storage.
- Ensure all employees are using personal safety equipment & following safety procedures.
- Accomplishes human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching for support and providing constructive discipline; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Meets logistics standards by contributing truck utilization and on time delivery information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; analyzing root cause of problem and implementing sustainable solutions; identifying inefficiencies in truck routing.
- Meets logistics financial standards by providing annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Coordinating with Plant Superintendent on inventory transfers of outside storage.
- Provide back up in coordinating deliveries; scheduling appointments of inbound shipments; communicating to procurement, production, sales and customer service teams or delays or changes;
- Monitor trucks and delivery equipment for deficiency; validate truck damage reports and communicating with appropriate personnel for repairs.
- Schedule and coordinate freights for deliveries and where applicable assist in the negotiation of freight rates and contracts.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Familiar with WorkSafe Saskatchewan regulations.
- Assists in all safety related issues (investigations, return to work plan management.
- 5 years’ experience in logistics and freight movement; Bachelor of Commerce would be considered an asset.
- Progressive knowledge of business and management principles (production operations, budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources).
- Working knowledge of WorkSafe Saskatchewan regulations.
- Ability to self-direct, set goals, motivate employees and create accountability.
- Organized and ability to adhere to deadlines.
- Analytical based Problem-Solving Skills
- Critical-Thinking Skills
- Excellent communication skills – written/spoken.
We appreciate those who apply; however, only candidates selected to proceed to the next phase of the recruitment process will be contacted.
Careers by Location
Benefits of working with us
We are a fast paced growing Company – with that comes opportunities for growth for our team members.
At Donald’s Fine foods we offer:
- Competitive Wages
- Extended Health and Dental plans
- Bonus program
- Long Term savings plan
- Employee meat purchase program*
Our team includes employees that are covered by Collective Agreements. Accordingly, these agreements govern the rewards provided to this subset of our employees and may differ from the rewards outlined above.
Our office in Langley, BC boasts an on-site gym as well as a cafeteria.
*this program is not available at Five Corners Meats Co. at the moment