- Five Corners Meats Co. - Chilliwack
- July 22, 2020
Position title: Production
Employment Type: Part Time
Located in Chilliwack, British Columbia, Five Corners Meat Co. is a specialty meat, processing, procurement, and distribution company providing high-quality meat products and services to customers in the Canadian, and International markets. We have built the business around our mission, and our core values of customer service, integrity, people, quality, and safety.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Production Supervisor is directly responsible for overseeing the operations of the Chilliwack Case Ready facility. Production lines includes the steak, roasts, pork, ground beef, sausage and value added operating lines. The Production Supervisor will be responsible for the development and training of the unionized employees and have oversight of safety, quality, yield management, and productivity.
- Plans manpower weekly requirements in order to meet customer demands
- Work with Plant Superintendent to maintain overall production plan in order to meet customer demands and reduce unnecessary changeovers
- Lead in a manner that exemplifies honest, integrity, quality, and trust
- Provide leadership by instilling team goals and objectives
- To lead, counsel and coach Lead Hands and applicable staff on policies and procedures to foster an engaged workforce that clearly understands job expectations
- Ability to provide guidance and assistance to Lead Hands.
- Ensure discipline of unionized staff are maintained and delivered
- Ensure that all employees both newly hired and current are properly trained.
- Maintain positive employee-relations (Employee reviews done timely and constructively)
- Promote a team atmosphere and provide on-going communication with employees
- Work with team towards achieving zero lost time and medical aid incidents
- Maintain and suggest improvements to work flow processes by monitoring processes, providing analysis and implementing cost reduction strategies while fostering a spirit of cooperation between departments
- Provide necessary feedback to production team to ensure customer satisfaction by shipping to appropriate specifications
- Participate in product development and innovation
- Participate in line development and engineering
- Work with leadership team to integrate third party volume into facility
- Manage labour cost to budget targets
- Responsible to ensure optimal line speed efficiencies and targets are being met
- Manage product yields without compromising quality
- Ensure fill rates and on time delivery targets are met
- Facilitate achievement of Company objectives in terms of product quality, efficiency targets and customer service
- Provide a safe working environment for all employees and contractors
- Complies with all WorkSafeBC and Occupational Health and Safety regulations
- Complies with BRC
- Ensure compliance with company policies
- Ensure adherence to standard operating procedures
- Establish 5S facility
- Enforce HACCP and food safety regulations
- Post-secondary education; or an equivalent combination of related experience and education
- Examples of adding value as both an individual contributor and active team member
- 5+ years’ experience in food processing industry
- Computer proficiency (MS Office)
- Ability to build rapport quickly
- Effective communication and demonstrated team development skills and employee follow-ship
- Effective Communication Skills
- Collaborative Leadership and Interpersonal Skills
- Critical-Thinking Skills
- Analytical based Problem-Solving Skills
- Computer/System literacy – Microsoft Office; Inventory/Planning/Scheduling Software
Careers by Location
Benefits of working with us
We are a fast paced growing Company – with that comes opportunities for growth for our team members.
At Donald’s Fine foods we offer:
- Competitive Wages
- Extended Health and Dental plans
- Bonus program
- Long Term savings plan
- Employee meat purchase program*
Our team includes employees that are covered by Collective Agreements. Accordingly, these agreements govern the rewards provided to this subset of our employees and may differ from the rewards outlined above.
Our office in Langley, BC boasts an on-site gym as well as a cafeteria.
*this program is not available at Five Corners Meats Co. at the moment