- Thunder Creek Pork - Moose Jaw
- October 17, 2018
Position title: Production
The Packaging Supervisor is responsible for accomplishing manufacturing results by leading and coordinating daily operational aspects of the production facility. The incumbent evaluates day-to-day operations within these departments to optimize safety, productivity, efficiency and quality to meet the organizational goals and customer needs.
- Ensure all employees are using personal safety equipment & following safety procedures.
- Accomplishes human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching for support and providing constructive discipline; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Direct responsibility for the following sub-production areas: end of production lines, palletizing, sundry room, cryovac and box room.
- Regularly coordinates with Cut-Floor Supervisor to maintain accuracy in dynamic Production demands.
- Maintain and improve quality by establishing and enforcing organizational GMP standards as well as CFIA regulations.
- Coordinates with Quality Assurance to ensure all scales and labels are checked for quality and accuracy.
- Maintain and suggest improvements to work flow processes by monitoring processes, providing analysis and implementing cost reduction strategies while fostering a spirit of cooperation between departments.
- Provide continuous improvement feedback to applicable departments to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Consistently meet customer requirements regarding quality and packaging specifications.
- Responsible to ensure optimal efficiencies and targets are being met.
- Communicates regularly with all departments to ensure facility, machines and lines are running at optimum levels and maximum quality.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Familiar with WorkSafe Saskatchewan regulations.
- Assists in all safety related issues (investigations, return to work plan management.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a meat processing facility or manufacturing environment.
- Progressive knowledge of business and management principles (production operations, budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources).
- Working knowledge of WorkSafe Saskatchewan regulations.
- Ability to self-direct, set goals, motivate employees and create accountability.
- Organized and ability to adhere to deadlines.
- Analytical based Problem-Solving Skills
- Critical-Thinking Skills
- Excellent communication skills – written/spoken.
We appreciate those who apply; however, only candidates selected to proceed to the next phase of the recruitment process will be contacted.
Careers by Location
Benefits of working with us
We are a fast paced growing Company – with that comes opportunities for growth for our team members.
At Donald’s Fine foods we offer:
- Competitive Wages
- Extended Health and Dental plans
- Bonus program
- Long Term savings plan
- Employee meat purchase program*
Our team includes employees that are covered by Collective Agreements. Accordingly, these agreements govern the rewards provided to this subset of our employees and may differ from the rewards outlined above.
Our office in Langley, BC boasts an on-site gym as well as a cafeteria.
*this program is not available at Five Corners Meats Co. at the moment