- Britco Pork - Langley
- February 03, 2020
Position title: Production
Employment Type: Full Time
We currently have an opportunity in our Operations Department for a self-motivated, results-driven individual who would be a positive addition to our dedicated staff. The Maintenance Planner/Buyer ensures the coordination and purchasing of parts; monitoring of maintenance projects; and work orders at the facility.
Donald’s Fine Foods offers the successful candidate a competitive compensation package, excellent employee benefit program and RRSP. We offer an employee development plan including; a comprehensive development/improvement process, recognition for your team and individual accomplishments and specific developmental activities to ensure continued learning and development.
We require a detail oriented individual with a professional attitude. This individual is someone who thrives in a challenging, productive environment built on respectful collaboration and will strive to complete tasks promptly and adhere to deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ordering Process – General supply inventory checks, documentation and ordering of inventory for special projects, PO Creation and Sending, Management of supply ordering database, daily, weekly monthly ordering
- Preventive Maintenance – Develop, implement and maintain preventive maintenance programs
- Work Order Management – Assign work order resources, review completed work orders, develop and maintain tracking system for preventive maintenance
- Planning & Scheduling work – Plant weekly schedule of work by allocating manpower or contractor in coordination with Maintenance Supervisor, Estimate the labour required for the completion of work order, non-stock material purchase requisition for work order completion
- Project Management – Facilitates team planning meets, develop project plan and schedule and allocate resources, track and report on project reports.
- Contractor Management – Assist in contractor management with initial quotes, receiving quotes, project job scope as well as coordinating on-site supervision
- Invoicing – Management of account payable process
- Record Keeping – Maintaining electronic and paper filing for planning activities, asset history, equipment maintenance history, work order, program documentation and staff training.
- Budgeting – Assist in managing budget and capital cost.
- Standard Work – Creation, review, revision of standard work (Work orders Preventive maintenance, daily work)
- 5s Audit Management & Reporting
- And other duties as required
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in the skilled trades with a strong mechanical/electrical aptitude.
- Proven leadership experience as both an individual contributor and active team member.
- Ability to build rapport quickly with Maintenance personnel, vendors, suppliers, management and executive stakeholders.
- Capability to perform some level of cost analysis and work within a structured budget.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver clear and concise presentations when required.
- Keen interest to learn and apply best practices.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- MSP Coverage and Extended Benefits Plan which includes medical, dental, and vision care.
- RRSP matching after a year of continuous employment.
- Special Employee pricing on company products.
Donald’s Fine Foods Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and we thank all applicants in advance for their interest. Please note only those most suited to our requirements will be contacted.
Careers by Location
Benefits of working with us
We are a fast paced growing Company – with that comes opportunities for growth for our team members.
At Donald’s Fine foods we offer:
- Competitive Wages
- Extended Health and Dental plans
- Bonus program
- Long Term savings plan
- Employee meat purchase program*
Our team includes employees that are covered by Collective Agreements. Accordingly, these agreements govern the rewards provided to this subset of our employees and may differ from the rewards outlined above.
Our office in Langley, BC boasts an on-site gym as well as a cafeteria.
*this program is not available at Five Corners Meats Co. at the moment