Industrial Meat Cutter
- Five Corners Meats Co. - Chilliwack
- February 25, 2021
Position title: Production
Five Corners Meat Co., part of a family-owned global provider of high-quality specialty meat products, has an exciting opportunity for Industrial Meat Cutters, based out of our Chilliwack, BC facility which is located at 8235 Brannick Place. The meat cutter position is a permanent and full-time position that involves working Monday – Friday 5:50 AM – 2:30 PM.
Our parent company, Donald’s Fine Foods, has been operating for over 25 years with three plants in British Columbia and one in Saskatchewan, and has built its business around the core values of integrity, quality, innovation and superior customer service. We know our dedicated staff is what makes it all possible.
- Customer Focused – Exceptional customer service is the measure of our success
- Integrity – Fairness, honesty, responsibility, and trust mark every relationship inside and outside of the company
- People – We treat our employees, customers, suppliers and the community with trust and respect
- Quality – Uncompromising standards in everything we do
- Safety – We care about our people and emphasize a culture of safety throughout our company.
Brief Job Description
Reporting to the Production Supervisors, industrial meat cutters will be responsible for ensuring all meat products meet specification and yield requirements in accordance with production and customer needs. The incumbent must be able to demonstrate excellent knife skills and maintain line speed with strict adherence to all applicable policies, practices and legislation including GMP, Food Safe, and WorkSafeBC.
Compensation & Benefits
- Starting wages between $18.42 to $22.21; wages are subject to previous meat cutting experience
- Unionized environment
- Extended health benefits
- Pension after one (1) year of employment
- Steel toed boot allowance of $150.00 per year
- $200.00 quarterly attendance bonus
- Cut, trim, and process meat products from larger primal cuts into products such as, but not limited to, steaks, chops, and roast before they are packaged
- Lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Clean equipment and work areas are necessary
- Sharpen and adjust knives and cutting equipment
- Pulling product off a conveyer belt, trimming it down to specification and then placing it back onto the conveyer.
- Working with knives, grinders, skinners, and bandsaws
- Ability to accurately work at production line speed
- At least 3-years of experience in a meat manufacturing facility
- Must have basic reading and writing English skills
- Consistent commitment to working safely
- Ability to work in a cold environment and standing for long periods of time
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Comfortable working in a noise environment
- Must wear necessary personal protective equipment when on the production floor; hair net, beard net (if applicable), steel toed boots, hard hat, hearing protection, and a face mask.
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to work with saws, power cutting tools, knives, and other power equipment
Careers by Location
Benefits of working with us
We are a fast paced growing Company – with that comes opportunities for growth for our team members.
At Donald’s Fine foods we offer:
- Competitive Wages
- Extended Health and Dental plans
- Bonus program
- Long Term savings plan
- Employee meat purchase program*
Our team includes employees that are covered by Collective Agreements. Accordingly, these agreements govern the rewards provided to this subset of our employees and may differ from the rewards outlined above.
Our office in Langley, BC boasts an on-site gym as well as a cafeteria.
*this program is not available at Five Corners Meats Co. at the moment