- Britco Pork - Langley
- October 13, 2020
Position title: Office
Employment Type: Full Time
Bringing talent into Canada is an important source for the workforce of Donald’s Fine Foods but staying abreast of the opportunities in programming can be a tall order. DFF is looking for a motivated professional to join our team as an Immigration Advisor who can make a difference from day one. This new position will work closely with the Human Resources team and operations clients to source, support current workforce on various program and employ foreign workers across the organization.
Where you reside has no impact on the ‘region’ you can provide services to in this role. The requirements of the position can be tailored to any of our four plant locations; although travel may be required from time to time.
- Determine the necessary strategy and systematic process for immigration; increase intake of workforce
- Be familiar with different types of Canadian immigration programs, i.e. Work Permit, SINP, LMIA, Agri-food Immigration Pilot, etc
- Write submission letters, review immigration forms and submit application to the appropriate office(s)
- Coordinate the application process including evaluating applications to identify category qualifications, researching the processes and requirements for different types of applications
- Manage workload of cases, effectively prioritize deadlines
- Ability to explain complex immigration cases to clients without any immigration experience
- Great energy and a positive attitude with both candidates and clients
- Interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills of the highest caliber
- Excellent analytical, research, verbal and written communication skills
- Strength in exercising confidentiality, discretion and good judgment
- Immigration Consultant Certificate would be considered a strong asset
- Minimum 3 years immigration related experience required
- Ability to research and gaining knowledge quickly
- Must be a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC); in good standing of ICCRC
- Experience in a unionized environment
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume by email. We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Negotiable (depending on experience)
Location: Richmond, Chilliwack, Langley, Moose Jaw
Careers by Location
Benefits of working with us
We are a fast paced growing Company – with that comes opportunities for growth for our team members.
At Donald’s Fine foods we offer:
- Competitive Wages
- Extended Health and Dental plans
- Bonus program
- Long Term savings plan
- Employee meat purchase program*
Our team includes employees that are covered by Collective Agreements. Accordingly, these agreements govern the rewards provided to this subset of our employees and may differ from the rewards outlined above.
Our office in Langley, BC boasts an on-site gym as well as a cafeteria.
*this program is not available at Five Corners Meats Co. at the moment