Human Resources Coordinator
- Thunder Creek Pork - Moose Jaw
- January 03, 2020
Position title: Office
Donald’s Fine Foods is a family owned business and has operated for over 25 years. We are a specialty meat manufacturer spanning three plants in British Columbia and Saskatchewan.
- Customer Focus: Exceptional customer service is the measure of our success.
- Integrity: Fairness, honesty, responsibility and trust mark every relationship inside and outside of the company.
- People: We treat our employees, customers, supplier and community with respect.
- Quality: Uncompromising standards in everything we do.
- Safety: We care about our people and emphasize a culture of safety throughout our company.
Brief Job Description
The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the facility’s recruitment process, policies, procedures, benefits and record-keeping functions in support of the department objectives. The incumbent will ensure that the administrative processes are up to date, relevant, available and actionable. The incumbent supports the Human Resources Manager to meet the organization objectives of delivering relevant programs and maintaining best practices.
- Maintaining employee files, both paper and electronic (HRIS) ensuring files are kept current.
- Entering data into time tracking system daily and alerting management to any issues.
- Manage the payroll and benefits administration for staff members; absence and time management; includes tracking probationary periods, benefits and review dates; advising management in a timely fashion of upcoming dates.
- Assisting in the coordination of benefits paperwork and offering employee assistance when required.
- Fielding employee queries regarding benefits and payroll ensuring confidentiality is strictly maintained.
- Assisting where required in the administration of WCB claims (including First Aid reports)
- Assist in the investigation and reporting of accidents/incidents.
- In alignment with the recruitment strategy identifying approaches for attracting new talent and positioning within the market.
- Responsible for full cycle recruitment of hourly employees (screening applications, scheduling interviews, preparing paperwork and conducting reference checks).
- Develop and manage recruitment procedures including job descriptions, job postings and advertising; screen and select candidates for interview based on knowledge, skill and abilities; onboard and provide new hire orientation; conduct exit interviews.
- Support the HR Manager in the facilitation of all Company Events
- To always lead in a manner that exemplifies honesty, integrity quality and trust.
- To always lead by example that encourages all employees to strive and maximize their ability and performance, promote “Reach Higher”.
- Leading by example at all times by adhering and promoting Company procedures and policies.
- At all times promote the Company positively at the work place(s) and in the community.
- Promote adherence to HACCP/CFIA regulations and best practices at all times.
- All other duties as assigned
- Completion of diploma or certificate in Human Resources.
- 2 years minimum experience in a HR or administrative role; previous union experience considered an asset.
- Outstanding organizational and MS office skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong understanding of employment law.
- Strong ethics regarding confidentiality and privacy.
- Proven experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Organization – Prioritizes tasks in a fast-paced, changing environment through frequent interruptions and changing deadlines.
- Communication – Shares information, seeks feedback from others and provides appropriate follow-up to ensure understanding of both the message and its intent.
- Service Focus – Works effectively and cooperatively with all stakeholders to foster on-going mutual respect and trust.
- Accountability – Identifies implications and works to minimize any negative effects by developing contingencies or alternatives when commitments cannot be met and involve and/or alerts those affected.
- Collaboration – Works with others and builds effective relationships to accomplish common team goals and objectives.
- Problem Solving – Considers alternative solutions by weighing the potential risks and impact against the desired outcome.
Careers by Location
Benefits of working with us
We are a fast paced growing Company – with that comes opportunities for growth for our team members.
At Donald’s Fine foods we offer:
- Competitive Wages
- Extended Health and Dental plans
- Bonus program
- Long Term savings plan
- Employee meat purchase program*
Our team includes employees that are covered by Collective Agreements. Accordingly, these agreements govern the rewards provided to this subset of our employees and may differ from the rewards outlined above.
Our office in Langley, BC boasts an on-site gym as well as a cafeteria.
*this program is not available at Five Corners Meats Co. at the moment