4TH Class Power Engineer
- Britco Pork - Langley
- November 04, 2019
Position title: Production
Britco Pork Inc. is part of a family-owned global provider of high quality specialty meat products, has an exciting opportunity for a Production Worker, based out of our_ Langley, BC location._
Our parent company, Donald’s Fine Foods, has been operating for over 25 years with three plants in British Columbia and one in Saskatchewan, and has built its business around the core values of integrity, quality, innovation and superior customer service. We know our dedicated staff is what makes it all possible.
The 4th Class Power Engineer position is a full-time (approximately 40 hours/week) position at our Langley facility (located at 22940 Fraser Hwy), and involves working Sunday to Thursday.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of the facility. Working with the Maintenance Team to help ensure all machinery is running safely and efficiently and the plant is operating in compliance with regulations. All maintenance work will be carried out in a timely fashion while having the highest priority on safety.
Wage and Benefits:
- Starting hourly wage of $26.93. Annual increases per the collective agreement.
- MSP Coverage and Extended Health Care after completion of probationary period.
- Bi-weekly $40.00 Perfect Attendance Bonus – eligible one month after completion of probationary period.
- Pension plan after 1 year of continuous employment
- On site cafeteria
- On site fitness facility
- Opportunities for career advancement/growth and training
- Ensure repairs are completed effectively and efficiently
- Ensure the Preventative Maintenance program is followed and all work is documented
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical equipment and tools and act with a sense of urgency to find a solution or repair
- Maintain records regarding equipment repairs
- Liaises with consultants, contractors, inspectors, suppliers and other departments on maintenance and project work
- Assist in general maintenance performing duties as required
- Compliance with GMP, HACCP and WorkSafe Standards
- Willing to assist team members with duties
- Follow all current GMP’s and quality specifications of manufacturing in a food facility
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Certified ticket 4th Class Power Engineer with Technical Safety of BC
- Minimum of 1 year experience, preferable in a food manufacturing environment
- Must be willing to work shift work
- Able to work overtime if required
- Able to work alone and as part of a team
- Reads and understands drawings, maps and plans
- Excellent communication skills including English proficiency (verbal and written)
- Consistent commitment to working safely
- Ability to use appropriate hand, power and specialty tools and diagnostic equipment to complete job tasks
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment with the ability to prioritize
- Ability to build rapport quickly with key members of the maintenance team
- Demonstrated ability to react to situations with a strong sense of urgency using a creative and logical approach to resolution
Careers by Location
Benefits of working with us
We are a fast paced growing Company – with that comes opportunities for growth for our team members.
At Donald’s Fine foods we offer:
- Competitive Wages
- Extended Health and Dental plans
- Bonus program
- Long Term savings plan
- Employee meat purchase program*
Our team includes employees that are covered by Collective Agreements. Accordingly, these agreements govern the rewards provided to this subset of our employees and may differ from the rewards outlined above.
Our office in Langley, BC boasts an on-site gym as well as a cafeteria.
*this program is not available at Five Corners Meats Co. at the moment