After months of lockdown and a phased in reopening of the economy to mitigate the impacts of COVID-19, we are now transitioning to a new normal and reality for the foreseeable future. Read more about our COVID-19 protocols.
4th Class Power Engineer
- Thunder Creek Pork - Moose Jaw
- August 10, 2021
Position title: Logistic
Employment Type: Full Time
Donald’s Fine Foods is a family owned business and has operated for over 20 years. We are a specialty meat manufacturer spanning four plants in British Columbia and Saskatchewan.
• Customer Focus – Exceptional customer service is the measure of our success
• Integrity – Fairness, honesty, responsibility and trust mark every relationship inside and outside of the company
• People – We treat our employees, customers, suppliers and the community with respect
• Quality – Uncompromising standards in everything we do
• Safety – We care about our people and emphasize a culture of safety throughout our Company
Brief Job Description
The role of the Power Engineer is to ensure the continued safe and efficient operations of the organization’s boiler and refrigeration units through regular operational activities, maintenance and inspection. This position will also be responsible to prepare all required reports and maintain an updated logbook of daily activities including emergency call response, troubleshooting activities, and equipment readings.
• Work collaboratively with shift engineers under the Supervision of plants Chief Engineer
• Operate and maintain the complete energy system, including Steam Boiler, Ammonia Refrigeration Cooling Systems and Power Generation System
• Operate automated or computerized control systems, for steam boiler and refrigeration system.
• Monitor and inspect plant equipment, computer terminals, switches, valves, gauges, alarms, meters and other instruments to measure temperature, pressure and fuel flow, to detect leaks or other equipment malfunctions and to ensure plant equipment is operating at maximum efficiency.
• Perform daily inspections on boilers and refrigeration systems; take readings of all operating equipment, performing calculations.
• Maintain a daily log of operation, maintenance and safety activities, and write reports on plant operation.
• Conduct maintenance on various pumps, heat exchangers, boiler, compressors and vacuum pumps.
• Analyze and record instrument readings and equipment malfunctions.
• Assist in the development of operation, maintenance and safety procedures.
• Assist with trouble shooting and general maintenance of plant and subsequent equipment.
• Conduct daily water testing.
• Willing to lead and guide junior engineers.
• Minimum 1+ years’ experience in the skilled trades with a strong mechanical/electrical aptitude;
• Refrigeration ammonia systems experience will be considered an asset
• Proven leadership experience as both an individual contributor and active team member.
• Must have a 4th Class Power Engineer Certificate of Competency.
• Strong safety background
• Valid Driver’s License Class 5
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Professional Demeanor
• Organizational Planning
• Analytical Problem-Solving
• Computer/System Literacy (Microsoft Office; Excel; Delta operating systems)
• Time Management
• MSP Coverage and Extended Health Care after completion of probationary period.
• Pension plan.
Careers by Location
Benefits of working with us
We are a fast paced growing Company – with that comes opportunities for growth for our team members.
At Donald’s Fine foods we offer:
- Competitive Wages
- Extended Health and Dental plans
- Bonus program
- Long Term savings plan
- Employee meat purchase program*
Our team includes employees that are covered by Collective Agreements. Accordingly, these agreements govern the rewards provided to this subset of our employees and may differ from the rewards outlined above.
Our office in Langley, BC boasts an on-site gym as well as a cafeteria.
*this program is not available at Five Corners Meats Co. at the moment